MAKE A DIFFERENCE, VOLUNTEER TODAY!
WE NEED FIREFIGHTERS AT BOTH STATIONS, MADRAS & CULVER
VOLUNTEERING - YOU CAN DO IT
Volunteering as a firefighter is a good way to give back to your community, provide a needed service and help open doors for possible career opportunities. Jefferson County Fire & EMS, relies heavily on a strong Volunteer force to provide fire, medical and rescue services to the patrons of Culver, Metolius, Madras and surrounding rural areas within the fire district.
As a Volunteer there are many aspects of firefighting, emergency medical care, special rescue and fire prevention which you may have opportunities to be part of.
WHO CAN APPLY?
You can apply to become a Volunteer if you:
- Are at least 18 years old (16 years for Jr. Firefighters).
- Are in good physical condition.
- Have a strong desire to help in your community.
- Have a valid Oregon Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Live within the Fire District boundaries.
- Have no felony convictions.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO DO?
As a Volunteer Firefighter, your activities will include responding to calls such as:
- Structure Fires
- Wildland Fires
- Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Emergency Medical Assists
- Special Rescue Situations
As a Volunteer Firefighter, you will be expected to attend drills once a week. You will also be trained to meet State of Oregon standards for Firefighters. The Fire District averages 50 emergency responses per month.
O.K. WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?
There are many benefits to becoming a Volunteer Firefighter which include:
- Receive professional level training
- Possible career opportunities in the Fire Service
- Equipment allowance
- Camaraderie and team building
If you have interest in becoming a Volunteer Firefighter -
Please contact: Kasey Skaar at 541-475-7274 or email@example.com